Feast your eyes on this satisfying brunch idea. Long gone are the days of fried breakfasts and soggy cereal so treat yourself to this spicy dish and kick-start your day!
Ingredients- serves 2
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 small onion- finely diced
1/2 red chilli- finely chopped
Pinch of paprika
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
2 handfuls of baby spinach- shredded
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Before you get started preheat the oven to 180c/ 160 fan. Heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat and cook the onion and chilli until softened. Add a good pinch of paprika (I like smoked paprika) and continue to cook for a further minute.
2. Fry the chorizo in a separate small pan over a medium/ high heat and fry until golden and crisp. You could also add the chorizo to the onion and cook off together if you prefer.
3. Add the tomatoes to the onion and chilli and simmer for a few minutes. Shred the spinach and add to the pan. Remember spinach wilts quickly so do add more as you go if you like. Season to taste.
4. Divide the sauce into two small over proof dishes and use a spoon to create a well in the middle of each of them. Crack one egg into each dish and pop into the oven for around 15 minutes depending on how you like your eggs done.
5. Serve with a fresh toasted bread and dig in! Sourdough bread is delicious with this dish to dip.
Brunch is served! Try this and you’ll never look back!